"Songs about Jaim" is my attempt to jot down any noteworthy thought, activity, adventure, or interesting anecdote of my existence. Everything I write here is a "lyric" in the 22nd verse of my life. Come sing along by my side as I sail through Ithaka.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Graduating in...

... 47 days! Wow, that seems like a lot...I feel much better now. YAY.

Upcoming events:
  • Halloween (all weekend)! Special pumpkin explosion halloween crazy fest 2005-Monday, 6:15. I'm going to be a cute bumble bee :)
  • House/dog sitting November 4-6. Two really cute, lovey cocker spaniels, satellite tv, hot tub, and lots of time to study for the GRE. :)
  • Ryan's bday Nov 11th (25!!) xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
  • Going home to help Jillian pick out her wedding dress Nov 11-13th <3
  • GRE test November 17th :(
  • Thanksgiving Nov 24th...who is going to feed me??? :-/
  • Black Theatre Final December 6th
  • Drugs and Poisons Final December 9th
  • GRADUATION December 10th!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MY 23rd Birthday December 20th
  • Arctic Winter begins December 21st
  • Christmas (you know the date)
  • New Years
  • Life begins.










Ideas for life in January 2006:
  1. Stay in SLO and continue to work at EAS, granted I get a raise, and find a home.
  2. Stay in SLO because I get a really cool, well paying job somewhere in the area, granted I find a home.
  3. Stay in SLO because I love it here and get a random job like waitressing and/or stripping in order to pay rent at my new found home.
  4. Stay in SLO, live on people's couches, mooch off their food, work at EAS for $9/hr, and call it a day.
  5. Move somewhere else in California wherever a degree-bearing person gets a job.
  6. Move home and work somewhere lame in Vacaville, but live rent free.
  7. Move to New Jersey because I get lucky and Revlon hires me as an analytical chemist.
Jobs I've applied for:
  • Wildhorse Winery Chemist
  • Pfizer Pharmaceutical Sales Rep
  • Revlon Laboratory Chemist
  • Amvac Chemical Corporation
  • E & J Gallo Winery
  • Amphastar Pharmaceuticals
  • Fziomed
  • Local watering-hole bar dancer
Ideas for life starting Aug. 2006:
  1. Grad school for science journalism/science writing
    • Boston University
    • Colombia University
    • NYU
    • Northwestern University -Illinois
    • University of Maryland
    • Johns Hopkins University-Maryland
    • University of Washington
  2. Grad school for criminal justice/forensics
  3. Grad school for Pharmacology or Toxicology
    • University of Chicago-Illinois
  4. Grad school for Chemistry
    • Washington University-St. Louis
    • Northeastern University-Boston
    • Brandeis University-Boston
  5. Teaching Credential











OKAY PEOPLE!! Give me some feedback please!! If you know of any companies that are chemistry/science related that may be hiring, please let me know!! If you have any information about grad school/the programs I've listed/or a cool new idea that you think I'd be great at, tell me!! If you would like me and my smallness to stay on your couch, just fill me in!! Or, just push my tush in the right direction...oh wise one.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I think you should stay in slo and open up a bed and breakfast with me =]

4:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhh i say FUCK it...screw the B.S. in chemistry we are gonna get! Stay in SLO with me and lets juss get drunk and have fun everyday...we can find a sugar daddy to buy us shoes and drinks and then some plastic surgery when we are getting too old and wrinkly to get money handed to us....hahaha wouldn't that be the life?:)...but really, i love u and u are always welcome to stay in my bed;)

11:32 PM

 
Blogger Julie said...

So many decisions...just don't go back to Vacaville...it's not the same there. Life with a degree means you have to pay bills. It means people expect you to get a job and all of a sudden have all this money...it's whack....BUT at least there is no more required reading. I get to read whatever I want...and I find that I've been reading a lot more. :) Reading is fun again!

11:35 PM

 
Blogger Jaime said...

Jo, I'm leaving California next August, so I'd like to stay in SLO as long as I can...which doesn't mean im settling or taking an easy way out...it's more of a transition, and it's way better than moving to Vacaville. SLO makes me happy...I can be proactive in August, but my heart is here. It would be different if I were changing my plans to stay here, but I have no plans, and no reason to go.

Helya, let's start a dog walking business. :) And Shoes..oh GOD..all we need is shoes.

Lauren, you're right about Vacaville. Yeah, the "real world" seems kinda whack haha but hey at least you have someone to go through it with you. I can't wait to read for fun again :) :)

11:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love for you and your smallness to stay in my bed. And I also just plain love you.

7:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI,

I saw you applied at Fziomed. I know a person (BS Materials, MS Chemistry) that worked there and it was a toal suckfest. Yelling bosses and small minded high school B.S. Save yourself that pain. Good luck with your search!!

1:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home