"Songs about Jaim" is my attempt to jot down any noteworthy thought, activity, adventure, or interesting anecdote of my existence. Everything I write here is a "lyric" in the 22nd verse of my life. Come sing along by my side as I sail through Ithaka.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A Beautiful Life

My grandma, "Ladonna", passed away late Saturday night. She was fighting cancer for a couple of years, but no longer has to suffer. She died peacefully in her sleep, after a few rough months, staying in bed all day in her home in Lake Havasu, Arizona. I am grateful that she was able to be at home in her own bed and didn't have to experience a lot of pain and grief, but I will miss her terribly; she was my closest grandma. Last year my family asked her where she would like to go on vacation if she could go anywhere, and she picked San Luis Obispo to visit me. So, they came to visit last September right before school started and we had a great time at Hearst Castle, farmers market, and Apple Farm. I am sad for my grandpa because his first wife died of cancer right when I was born 23 years ago, and now he has to go through this again. I can't even imagine what he must be feeling. I haven't had to experience this sort of loss in my life yet, so it's hard to know how to react or how to feel. I've tried not thinking about it, but I'm flying there Friday morning to be with my family and rembering her wonderful life. I was driving to Monterey on highway 1 on Sunday after I heard the news, and it was the most beautiful day and the most spectacular, breathtaking views that I just knew that all of the gods and all of the angels above were celebrating a beautiful person, and welcoming her to a peaceful, happy place.

"If I could open my mouth wide enough for a marching band to march out
They would make your name sing
And bend through alleys and bounce off of the buildings"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love u, u make me happy:)

2:29 PM

 
Blogger Julie said...

Time heals all. There is no right way to feel or right way to be. Just be you.

4:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home