"Songs about Jaim" is my attempt to jot down any noteworthy thought, activity, adventure, or interesting anecdote of my existence. Everything I write here is a "lyric" in the 22nd verse of my life. Come sing along by my side as I sail through Ithaka.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Bridesmaid Party

"I know a girl, she puts the color inside of my world"

As you all may know, my best friend Heather is getting married next June in Cabo to Ryan Mohr (from Muir hall). She asked me to be her maid of honor, and Alissa Gordon and Heather's Sac State friend Lindsey are the other bridesmaids. A few weeks ago we planned a trip to Santa Barbara to shop for bridesmaid dresses. Heather made us a HUGE breakfast feast before we left Saturday morning. What a great host and cook! :) We headed to State St. to try searching for dresses which ended up not being as easy as we'd hoped. We went to many many stores but became exhausted and discouraged. We were looking for pinkish or orangish color which was hard to find, and the bridal store had dresses that looked like they belonged in a trashy 80's movie. We decided to head to the beach and relax a bit so we took a cute trolley to the pier and sat on the beach and chatted. And I got to see Helya with Jon and his mom walking around!! Yay! Heather and I acted like we were at Disneyland on the trolley ride back to the car because we are entertained sooo easily..hahaha! Back at the car, we all got nakey and changed into cute dresses for a nice dinner at Palazzios. We all ordered grown up drinks, and celebrated our lovely bride to be. Congrats my dear, I love you and like you say, "my heart has so much love and joy" haha muah!! Back at Heather's we baked some brownies that turned out like paper brownies but tasted like heaven, packed up some cheesecake and champagne and went to Sycamore Hot Springs. It was sooo nice and we played ten fingers and I lost. HA. I am definitely the "bad" one in the group. I'm happy to entertain. After the hotsprings we went back to Heather's house and fell asleep to the greatest movie ever, The Sweetest Thing. "Whats that? No, really...what is that? Hi! Hello!" HAHA I love that movie, I want to watch it tonight. So many great lines and now I'm rambling... Anyway, I love Heather and I'm so happy for her. I can't wait for more wedding events and fun times with the girls and my silly friend Heatherbug. You put the happy in my ness.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home