"Songs about Jaim" is my attempt to jot down any noteworthy thought, activity, adventure, or interesting anecdote of my existence. Everything I write here is a "lyric" in the 22nd verse of my life. Come sing along by my side as I sail through Ithaka.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Hmmm...

My ex-boyfriend of 5 years got married on Saturday. Weird. I don't know what to think, but I just hope he has a long and happy marriage, because he DOES deserve it. But it still feels funny knowing that someone who knew everything about me, and who I spent almost 23% of my life with is now married. I am glad its not to me, but who wants to find out that your first love has replaced his feelings for you because he found someone who suits him better. Who is better than me? Ha just kidding. Anyway, congrats to Adam, and congrats to me for not being married yet. Oh, and rumor has it that his mom reads my blogs. Hi Betty. ;)


And, since I just saw Maroon 5, big thanks for providing Adam with these lovely song lyrics to portray his feelings about me 2 years ago....I probably deserved it:

You drain me dry and make me wonder why I'm even here
This double vision I was seeing is finally clear

You want to stay but you know very well I want you gone

Not fit to fuckin' tread the ground that I'm walking on


...ouch! Isn't love wonderful?

I'll leave you on a happier note from my favorite Maroon 5 song:

That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave

Fingers trace your every outline
Paint a picture with my hands
Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm
Change the weather still together when it ends

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch indeed . . .

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Jess said...

wait, you saw maroon 5 in concert?!?!?! ;]

9:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss adam

4:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home