"Songs about Jaim" is my attempt to jot down any noteworthy thought, activity, adventure, or interesting anecdote of my existence. Everything I write here is a "lyric" in the 22nd verse of my life. Come sing along by my side as I sail through Ithaka.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Speed of Sound

Weekends go by too quickly!! I don't really have much to write about, but after all the talk about reading each other blogs, I figured I should give you all something to read, even if its boring.

I worked Friday night until 10 and then went home for the usual vodka, Helya and Joanna waiting for me. We found a free ride after Helya yelled at the taxi driver, and went to Mothers. After a bit, we decided to go to Blacksheep for a drink. I asked the bartender if I could get a free Pussy Kiss (the drink, you sickos.. 5 of them-->) because I get them so often, and he said "how about half off?" YAY! Making friends with the bartender is always good :) After that, I don't remember much, but Helya had to put me in my pj's and take my phone away, and so ya, Saturday morning/afternoon sucked.

Joanna and I went to Shell Beach Saturday for some more eyecandy and to cure my hangover. It was BEAUTIFUL outside, and the water looked so inviting. Jo frollicked while I laid on the beach in my new swimsuit with my ipod, watching all the drunk people making fools of themselves.

Last nite, Tim and I went to the midstate fair and wandered around, had a YUMMY strawberry daquiri in a really cool flashing light cup, and listened to Journey. Thanks Tim, it was a lovely night.

Today I slept in and went to Firestones with some guy. ;) Blah blah blah. . . was this post worth reading? Don't worry, I'll be gone every weekend in August doing really fun things, so I'll have lots to write about. Vacation time is finally starting, phew!

GREAT song: Journey- Don't Stop Believing

Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere

A singer in a smokey room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on

Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlights, people, living just to find emotion
Hiding, somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill,
everybody wants a thrill
Payin' anything to roll the dice,
just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
Streetlight people

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love jaime and vodka :) Sometimes I don't mind when u get sick cuz it usually means that I didn't get sick. Hehehe JK...i can't wait till SD, we are gonna have a blast!

6:44 PM

 
Blogger Jess said...

You can always be like some guy we know and make up somehting to post about. His are usually pretty interesting too.

12:17 AM

 
Blogger me said...

You're way too young to be a Journey fan.

1:05 AM

 
Blogger Jaime said...

I grew up on Journey...thanks to my Mom.

9:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

" Dan how come you never comment on my page? Punk."

Oh psshh. How come you never comment on my . . . nonexistant page . . .

Glad to see you're picking up the Pussy Kiss habit.

8:24 PM

 
Blogger Jaime said...

YAY thanks Dan!! Mmmm..pussy kiss...makes mouths happy. ;)

11:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home