"Songs about Jaim" is my attempt to jot down any noteworthy thought, activity, adventure, or interesting anecdote of my existence. Everything I write here is a "lyric" in the 22nd verse of my life. Come sing along by my side as I sail through Ithaka.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

4th of July

Katie came down for the 4th of July for the second year in a row! We had a really fun time hanging out and enjoying life in SLO. Sunday, when she arrived, we went to dinner at Mothers with Joanna, Chad, and E^2. It took a long time, but the food was half off and delicious! Afterwards we decided to play some cards, drinking games, and eventually strip pool!! It was a very interesting night...and all I gotta say is... TA DA! :) HAHAHA

Monday we went down to Pismo beach to celebrate the holiday. We were on the beach from 12-10pm!! What a nice relaxing day, laying in the sun, walking around and see lots of friends! The fireworks show was INCREDIBLE and made me soo happy!! It was a very successful and exciting day at the beach. I only got a little bit sunburned, so yay.

Katie left Tues morning and I had to head back to reality and work 8 hours :( Boo!!

I decided I'm going to try to do some more new or productive things this summer so I started it off by getting some potting soil and a new pot, and I repotted all of my plants :) My new plants represent a new Jaime. The next thing on my to do list is to either fix my bike or get a new one this weekend and ride around!! I decided i'm not going to go downtown for a week or two (or longer) unless its a special occasion. I need a break for my health and for my wallet!! I'm saving up for our trip to San Diego, for the SB outing with Heather, hopefully Tahoe, and CABO!!!

Well, its almost midnite, and that means I get to go home from work soon! 2 hours overtime baby. :) Tomorrow my boss's wife is having a cocktail party/bbq for us at their beautiful house. So, i only have to work a few hours tomorrow night which will be nice.

I've started researching graduate schools and so far I've looked at Boston University, Boston College, Brandeis University, Northeastern University, UMass in Amherst. I've found some interesting things: BU requires that PhD candidates be able to read scientific journals in either russian, french, chinese, or german by the end of your time there. WOW...that is crazy! Also, some schools require physical chemistry students to know a computer programming language also. Brandeis U has incredible research teams that I am interested in that involve things such as oscillation reactions (like my snr project), fluorescence probes, and thermodynamics/kinetics research. JF asked me what type of research I'd be interested in, so I guess that answers that question. I also like polymer research as well, even though I haven't done any as an undergraduate. Anyway, I'm probably boring most of the people who read these blogs, (if anyone does), but I partly write down this info so I can remember myself.

...And I'm spent!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Yay for Pchem

2:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you say probe? Heh.

11:00 PM

 
Blogger Jaime said...

Probe comes after and fundamental vibration, Jason. :)

10:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home