"Songs about Jaim" is my attempt to jot down any noteworthy thought, activity, adventure, or interesting anecdote of my existence. Everything I write here is a "lyric" in the 22nd verse of my life. Come sing along by my side as I sail through Ithaka.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

I <3 YOU.

Sometimes I just need to embrace the happy things in life...





happy and striking a pose








I LOVE....
- Days when I don't have to put on make-up
- Cuddling up in the "nook"
- Eating cookie dough straight out of the package
- Talking to my brother on the phone
- Watching Sex and the City and coming across a new episode
- Hearing encouraging things from people you look up to
- Walking around campus listening to my ipod
- New favorite songs
- Going grocery shopping
- Reading my friends' blogs as well as their away messages
- Eating barbequed steak
- Spontaneously driving somewhere, anywhere
- Doing nice things for people to make them smile
- Taking bubble baths
- Having my hair and face touched and touching cheeks
- Seeing my favorite people's faces show up on my camera phone when they call
- Hearing my mom say she is proud of me
- Getting text messages
- Guys who dress really quaint
- Online conversations with RachO about riduculous, and usually dirty things
- Saying cute people's names with an "O" at the end
- "Your Mom" jokes
- Listening to people get excited about things in their life and watching their expressions
- Dancing and singing as loud as I can
- Wearing the same flip flops so long that they conform to my feet
-Tap dancing. Shuffle step flap hop stomp toe heel toe heel tippity TAP!
- Realizing I can do anything I want with my life, because hey I'm only 22 and I'm about to get a degree in Chemistry, and it's all mine, and maybe I am smart afterall.

This is LOVE.
I roll the window down, and then begin to breathe.
The darkest country road, with a strong scent of evergreen,
from the passenger seat as you are driving me home.
Then looking upwards, I strain my eyes and try
to tell the difference between shooting stars and satellites
from the passenger seat as you are driving me home.
"Do they collide?" I ask and you smile.
And my feet on the dash, the world doesn't matter.
When you feel embarrassed, I'll be your pride.
When you need direction, I'll be the guide.
For all time. For all time.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart YOU!!!! ttyo?

9:09 PM

 
Blogger Jon said...

I didn't know you wore makeup. I didn't think you needed to

10:48 PM

 
Blogger Jaime said...

i dont need to on the days im talking about. those are the days i like. Today was one :)when i do wear makeup, its not much besides cool eyeshadow on the weekends.

11:10 PM

 
Blogger Jess said...

Yay for being happy!!

1:04 AM

 
Blogger Julie said...

That made me smile, Jaime!

2:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home