"Songs about Jaim" is my attempt to jot down any noteworthy thought, activity, adventure, or interesting anecdote of my existence. Everything I write here is a "lyric" in the 22nd verse of my life. Come sing along by my side as I sail through Ithaka.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Tri-State Visit

Last weekend I went to Idaho to surprise my grandparents. When I got there, they had no idea, and were floored!! I got to play with my little cousins, Theo and Claire, who were a blast, and I gained 3 pounds because all we did was eat all day long. :) Mom and I went to see "Guess Who" with Ashton Kucher, which was really cute. It was really nice to see that part of the family again. I hadn't been to Idaho in years! Everything was pretty much the same, but it was nice being part of the "adult" conversations this time. Saturday we flew to Reno and drove to Lake Tahoe to celebrate my cousins 14th birthday. with chinese food. We had a chance to walk around some of the new shops at stateline, and stayed the night at embassy suites. Sunday was Michael's catholic confirmation. It was definitely interesting (and tiring) sitting through a catholic service for two hours. The bishop repeated everything he said in spanish because their congregation is about 80% spanish-speaking. We had a nice little party for Michael afterwards with tons of good food and margaritas. We drove back to Vacaville that night and I flew back to SLO Monday morning just in time for class.

This week has been so busy trying to get my life back in order after being gone for 4 days. I've had assignments due, tests, scholarship to apply for, and other small things that just took up all of my time. Tuesday night I did have a chance to go out to pint nite which was fun as usual. Thursday was spent at Jon's house doing pchem homework for hours and hours until midnight crept around and my eyes couldn't handle any more symbols and numbers, and I just gave up.

This weekend has been not that great. Friday night, Josh and I made fondue which was absolutely delicious! Then we went out to Mother's and the Library. It was an ok night. Something was missing though. . different feelings I guess. . . .Saturday I went to Splash cafe with Joanna and then all the roomies went to see "A lot like love" with Ashton Kucher once again. What a CUTE romantic comedy. Today I slept in, went to lunch with Heatherbug to Cisco's and we were entertained by Piano Man and then Heather got shit on. We walked around downtown for a bit which was nice, but this heavy, numb, feeling hasn't escaped me yet. Now, I'm trying to concentrate and do my surface chem homework but I'm finding it rather difficult. John Mayer is keeping me company...la la la...

"It's kinda about the bliss period in a relationship. Like that first week in a relationship. . .the free movie weekend period. When you show all your best films. You meet them and you say stuff to them like, 'I'm a great listener, im there for my friends,' you know, you start telling them all about yourself. . . and you're showing them like schindlers list, and they're showing you, you know..whatever. . .but you're showing each other your big movies, and then all of a sudden, somewhere along the lines, it becomes Weekend at Bernie's 2, or the Police Academy movies, it's a real shame. So yeah, this song is about that bliss period in a relationship, and its about that bliss period taking place in New York City and how much fun that must be." - John Mayer about City Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home