"Songs about Jaim" is my attempt to jot down any noteworthy thought, activity, adventure, or interesting anecdote of my existence. Everything I write here is a "lyric" in the 22nd verse of my life. Come sing along by my side as I sail through Ithaka.

Monday, February 21, 2005

I Love Rain

I just realized that I only mentioned the pyrotechnic accident in my last post, but I never explained what really happened. Well, two weeks ago, Schoonover brought in this huge pipe thingie, and told me cut a hole in one end like a flute, and he told me to pack one side of the pipe and we'd try to see if the pressure from the small diameter combined with a spoonful of magnesium filings at end would in fact make a whistle. It in fact did not make a whistle, but blew up and scared us half to death. The sound was like a gun going off right next to your face and Jon and I said we could feel the waves of the explosion on our face. My ears were ringing so loud I thought I went deaf. It was incredible. So everyone came running out in the hallway to see what happened, and the counter top of the ventilation hood was in pieces. There was a centimeter of dust covering the entire lab, and we were stunned. YAY for blowing up the spider building with a pipe bomb. :) So Schoonover was in trouble, and we've changed the project to "Rapidly Convective Acoustics" Jon refuses to witness my experiments from now on.

So it was President's Day holiday weekend, and I celebrated by doing absolutely nothing, which had its perks. Friday night I went out with Shannon, Michelle, Jason, and some other random people. We went to Mother's and they went to Mission Grill, but we ended up having an okay time, but Shannon's stomach hurt :( so we pretty much laid low and left early. But I love my Shannon and I will never leave her ;) hehehe. No Curtis though. :( Saturday I spent the entire day in my room watching Sex and the City, the OC, reading, and sleeping. It was nice, but I missed my sidekick. I'll survive...maybe. Goodness I'm such a freaking baby.

Sunday I decided to get out of town and do something with myself, so I drove to Santa Barbara to visit my Katie. We had a great time just hanging out and being girls, and we went to see The Wedding Date, which was very very cute. We ate dinner at Silver Greens which was AMAZING and I wish i could eat there every day. We went back to her dorm room and watched The Sweetest Thing...and it had the penis song yaay!!! "OOOH too big to fit in here! Your penis is so hard, your penis is so thick, your penis is so nice, you have a handsome dick!" HAHAH i love that movie.

This morning I drove back to SLO in the rain, which was pretty relaxing and the scenery was beautiful with the bright green hills. I love just driving and listening to good music. I got some chemistry lab done, reading done, and cleaning done today, and even napped :) I guess that's what happens when you wake up at 8am. Sorry Katie!!

It's still raining, but I kinda like it. It makes me sit inside and get my stuff done. But it would be nice to have someone here with me to cuddle or just hang out with when I have nothing else to do. BUT I do like being by myself mostly. It's a vicious cycle. Want to be alone when you're not. Don't want to be when you are. For no one in particular:
"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions of my heart. Why are we here, and where do we go, and how come its so hard. It's not always easy, and sometimes life can be deceiving. I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together." Jack Johnson-Better Together


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I'll still go witness the rapidly convecting acoustics...I'll just use you as a shield this time ;)

7:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home