"Songs about Jaim" is my attempt to jot down any noteworthy thought, activity, adventure, or interesting anecdote of my existence. Everything I write here is a "lyric" in the 22nd verse of my life. Come sing along by my side as I sail through Ithaka.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Destined to be a woman with no regrets

"When I was sure you'd follow through, my world was turned to blue. When you'd hide, your songs would die, so I'd hide yours with mine"

So what's the point of dating someone if you know it isn't going to go anywhere? You have fun together, you have lots in common, you hang out all the time, there's never a dull moment, yet there's something missing in the relationship. If you become official, will things get better and progress into something serious and perhaps end in a committed future together? Or will the offical title only provide exclusivity, and security? Will there be an inevitable breakup between lovers who seek companionship day to day without thinking about the future? What does it take to make a strong relationship last forever, and how do you find someone who is willing to stay with you forever, no matter what happens during the journey together? These are questions I ask myself a lot, as I'm sure many people do. Is it worth it to have fun in the moment, if you're going to have a broken heart a year down the road? It's a hard decision because on one hand you don't want to plan out your life as if nothing can change. On the other hand, you don't want to make a decision just because it seems good at the time. Now that I am 22, and graduating in 11 months, should I be thinking about where I will be next January, and who I will be with? I think so!! It would hurt me so much more to maintain a relationship with someone for another year, all the while knowing he doesn't want to be with me in the end. But how does he know he couldn't be with me forever? Things change right? Maybe in a year, he will be head over heels in love with me, and will tell me how he will move wherever I go to work or grad school, and he'd marry me the second he graduated. Is that reality? Actually for some poeple yes. Do these people know in advance how much they care for the other person that they'd literally do anything for them in order to be together forever? Or does it take a long time to reach that point? It's hard to say how the other person feels in the relationship unless they constantly tell you how much you mean to them. For me, I show how I feel all the time, and when I really love someone, I'd do anything for them. This doesn't mean I want to marry them or plan our future together, but it does tell me that I can see myself loving this person unconditionally for a long time and try my hardest to be together because I would rather be with them than anywhere else in the world. Maybe I just fall in love too easily. I just wish someone felt that way about me, because then this wouldn't be so hard, and I would have no questions. Maybe once you meet the person you will be with forever, all of the questions go away, and everything just falls into place. Who knows. Maybe I think too much.

"People have the right to fly, and will when it gets compromised. Their hearts say, 'move along', their minds say, 'got your heart'. Let's move it along. Move it along. And thats the way this wheel keeps working now. And I won't be the last, no I won't be the last to love her. You can't build a house of leaves, and live like its an evergreen. It's just a season thing, its just this thing the seasons do, and that's the way this wheel keeps working now. And you won't be the first, no you won't be the first to love me. You can find me, if you ever want again. I'll be around the bend. I'll be around the bend. I'll be around. I'll be around. And if you never stop when you wave goodbye, you just might find, if you give it time, you'll wave hello again. You just might wave hello again. And that's the way this wheel keeps working now." -Wheel by John Mayer

2 Comments:

Blogger jktso said...

is there a reason why you have to think about that now? :[ take it one step at a time, take the experience as it comes - sometimes you can't ask for too much, now can you?

11:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's the whole point...It may take something like moving away to make people realize how much they really do care. Some might call the middle denial...I would rather fall in love too many times thant never see what's right in front of me...I think it's better to see how things progress, but listen when you're heart tells you it's time to move on...I love you big sis...Katie

12:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home