"Songs about Jaim" is my attempt to jot down any noteworthy thought, activity, adventure, or interesting anecdote of my existence. Everything I write here is a "lyric" in the 22nd verse of my life. Come sing along by my side as I sail through Ithaka.

Monday, January 17, 2005

A lucky year?

This is my first "blog", and I am not sure how I feel about this online journal concept. I do however like the idea of jotting down the fun events and memories that will happen during the year. I recently turned 22, and being that 22 is my lucky number, I hope 2005 is going to be a much better year than the last. So, here we are in January, third week into winter quarter, and things are looking up.

I spent new years in tahoe with my favorite girlies in 30 inches of snow. It was insane but one of the best adventures i've ever had. We went dancing at a nightclub in Harrah's and got a little crazy on the dance floor! Joanna's car got stuck in the snow 50 yards from my aunts driveway, and we had to dig her out and shovel with snowboards and eventually made it back to the parking lot at Harrah's. We finally made it home at 7am! New Years Eve was crowd of crazy college kids overtaking stateline! We kissed lots of boys and celebrated with champagne!

School started and so far my classes are way better than Fall quarter. I have lots of labs, and less work, but i've started my senior project making fireworks so that will be interesting. I'll keep you all updated on how that project goes.

As for the fun stuff....Martin Luther King Jr. weekend holiday was fantastic!! Friday night the girls went downtown for a night of "indulgence", dancing, and trouble-making. (oops!) Saturday I had a wonderful date with a very handsome boy. We went to Santa Barbara and watched the sunset on the pier, and went to dinner at CPK after stopping to say hi to my little sister Katie in the dorms. Then, we camped out at Oceano dunes area and built a cute little fire and roasted marshmallows! How romantic :) Sunday we woke up to the sunrise and beautiful blue ocean waves. I'm a very lucky girl! The rest of the long weekend was relaxing yet productive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home